(Bengali Fish Curry
In Poppy Seeds
Paste) This preparation uses Emami
Healthy and Tasty Mustard Kachchi Ghani Oil
- 4 Pabda fish
- 250 grams Emami Healthy & Tasty Mantra Shorshe Posto
- 1 Teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 4 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 cup mustard oil
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Salt to taste
- 01To prepare Posto Pabda Recipe, soak Emami Healthy & Tasty Mantra Shorshe Posto for 8 minutes in water. Prepare with all the other ingredients as well.
- 02Grind the Mantra Shorshe Posto to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- 03Clean and wash the fishes well. Drain water nicely and coat the fishes with turmeric powder and keep aside. The fish is cooked whole, hence do not make pieces.
- 04Heat 1/2 cup of mustard oil in a Wok/Kadai, add kalonji and allow it to crackle for a few seconds.
- 05Now add the fishes gently and fry till golden in color.
- 06If the oil reduces, you can add more from sides.
- 07When the fishes are golden in color, add the Mantra Shorshe Posto paste in the wok and gently stir in.
- 08You may add a little water from the sides if the paste is too thick.
- 09Season the curry with salt and add green chillies as well.
- 10Allow the curry to come to boil, and then cook for 7-8 minutes on a low flame and lid closed. Do not stir much at this stage.
- 11Turn off the gas and pour in a tablespoon of raw mustard oil on top of Posto Pabda Curry Recipe for a rustic flavor and serve hot with plain steamed rice.