Battered Fish This preparation uses Emami
Healthy and Tasty Refined Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1½ cups beer
- 2 pounds, cod fillets or other fish
- 1-2 quarts Emami Healthy and Tasty Refined Vegetable Oil
- 01In a bowl add flour, beaten egg, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- 02Stir in 1 cup beer (add more for your desired texture).
- 03Heat Rice Bran Oil in a deep fryer or heavy sauce pan.
- 04Cut fillets into 3-4 ounce pieces.
- 05Rinse, fish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 06Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil.
- 07Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- 08Drain on paper towels, let fish cool a little and serve.
- 09This batter is also good on shrimp, calamari and onion rings.