Dahi Bhalla This preparation uses Emami
Healthy and Tasty Sunflower oil
- Split black gram - 1½ cups
- Raisins - 20
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Emami Healthy & Tasty Sunflower oil
- Yogurt - 500 gms
- Rock salt (kala namak) - 1 tsp.
- Roasted cumin powder - 2 tsp.
- Sugar - 2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - As required
- Salt - To taste
- 01Wash and soak Split black gram (dal) in water for 6-8 hours. Grind the dal to a smooth paste.
- 02Add 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon red chilli powder, raisins and asafoetida to the paste and stir well.
- 03Heat the oil in a pan. Shape the batter like vadas and fry well in Emami Healthy & Tasty Sunflower Oil.
- 04Place the vadas in hot water and let them soak for 2 minutes.
- 05Drain out water and place the vadas/bhallas on a service plate. Mix yogurt well with rock salt (Kala namak) and sugar.
- 06Cover the bhallas with yogurt. Add tamarind chutney.
- 07Sprinkle red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder. Garnish with coriander leaves, chopped green chillies and serve.